Job Title – Associate Editor, Global Pictures Desk
Reuters is looking for an enthusiastic and globally minded journalist with strong English and a sharp eye for detail who can effortlessly sift through the thousands of photos our photographers shoot every day.
You will join our global team editing the news pictures service, in Bangalore, India. In your role you will contribute to the daily picture file.
Our Global Pictures Desk team ensures the quality, accuracy and speed of delivery of news pictures to our clients worldwide. We have a dynamic newsroom including text, visuals, digital, polling, graphics, legal and sports journalists who collaborate to produce a compelling professional news product unavailable anywhere else. We are the first to know the news.
You should apply if you have:
1. Fluent English. Bonus points for additional languages.
2. A love for all forms of journalism and an obsessive-level interest in current affairs
3. Ever dreamed of working for the world’s greatest multimedia news organization
4. Sound news and pictures judgment and an ability to spot a breaking story
5. Unflappable interpersonal and organisational skills even when under pressure
6. English language studies, Mass communication or a Journalism related degree or experience
7. Experience and/or general interest in photography and/or journalism
8. Competent working knowledge of Apple computers and Adobe Photoshop
9. A desire to work with colleagues dedicated to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias
10. A love for being part of a diverse, global team
As a photo editor you will:
Gather images sent in from editors and photographers from around the globe
Research and edit photos and photo captions, writing captions in English quickly and accurately for our global clients.
Work as a team with pictures, text, video and on-line colleagues to ensure integrated multimedia news coverage and production
Live edit many major news, sport and entertainment events
If interested, apply on the link below and email me email@example.com
Leave your email Id in comments for more upcoming jobs.